Home Remedies for Acne
Acne is primarily caused by hormonal changes, wrong food habits or improper skin care. There are several acne remedies that involve herbs and natural ingredients that will help treat your acne and improve your skin disorders. Consider the following recipes:
- Grind nutmeg together with unboiled milk and apply to the affected skin area. This typically helps pimples disappear.
- You can make a paste by combining three tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon. You then apply this paste before sleeping each night and wash it off in the morning with warm water. If you repeat this for two week you pimples should disappear.
- Applying a mixture of one-teaspoon lemon juice and one-teaspoon cinnamon powder also works.
- You can make orange peel into a paste by grinding it in some water. The by applying it on and around your pimples you can help clear your skin.
- Rubbing fresh garlic on the affected area will help the pimples disappear and with regular applications, they will stay gone.
- One tablespoon of groundnut oil and one-tablespoon limejuice will help prevent the formation of both blackheads and pimples.
- If you apply fresh mint juice on your face every night this will help acne, insect bits, eczema, scabies and other skin infections.
- A past of fresh fenugreek leaves applied on the face every night for ten to fifteen minutes and washed with warm water will help prevent pimples, blackheads and wrinkles.
- If you notice breakouts, you can apply the juice of raw papaya to slow and stop the swelling.
- Fresh limejuice mixed with a glass of boiled milk can serve as a face wash for acne.
- Mixing limejuice in rose water and applying on affected skin is another option. After twenty to thirty minutes, you can wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Applying rip tomato pulp on your skin and keeping it on for up to an hour and then washing it off is another option.
Will Home Remedies for Acne Work for You?
Will all the products that are available in your kitchen that supposedly cure acne do you really know if they will work for you. You can be surprised at how well many of these treatments work. Home remedies may be a better option than you think.
Most people think that the best solution for acne and other skin conditions comes from buying cosmetics in a bottle with a well-known company name on the side. While these products do work and skincare specialists can produce up to date combinations of chemicals that will help your skin look good, many of the ingredients they use as their base are ones you can find in your own kitchen.
You can often find acne remedies in your home that are as easy as slicing up a lemon or lime. The astringent properties in these fruits are great home remedies for acne. If you rub a slice of lemon or lime over your face before you go to bed at night you will see immediate results in clearer skin the next morning. Tomatoes are another good home remedy for acne that can be used in the same way.
There are many products in your kitchen that you can use to help treat your acne. If you don’t want to use or you haven’t seen results with the hard, high processed skincare products then you should try a home acne remedy and see if it make a real difference in your skin. This is also a good option for those who have had problems with side effects related to skincare products and acne medicines. You will be surprised as how well a home remedy can work for you.